Sunday 6 May 2012

GOMC Team

I've been meaning to write this yesterday but it seems it flew off my mind. We had mailed the GOMC support about a problem we were having with the billing and a question unrelated to billing on the day of our campaign start. We did manage to start the campaign as the error we got disappeared after sometime, but if it hadn't, if had that problem, it would take 6 days for the GOMC support to reply us. This is kind of disappointing. Though, from what I hear there are around 50k students in the challenge which would make roughly 10k-11k groups which must be pretty overloading for the GOMC team.

In the response mail the member of the adwords team directed me to the GOMC group which has been inactive for a few months now. This inactivity works both ways though. It means that the GOMC groups hadn't been utilizing this group for support. But I also think it's the GOMC team's fault as this was the first time I've seen the mention of the group even though I've been through the GOMC guidelines as well as the website a few times. I believe both the guidelines and the website could be much more informative in so many ways. I understand that it must be hard to manage a challenge this big, but I believe the level of preparedness could have been better. On the other hand though, I love and realize how they tried not to exclude anyone from this unique opportunity, and having been registered pretty late myself, I am grateful for it.

Another thing I've realized today was that I've been missing cool GOMC hangouts in Google Student's G+ page which I was pretty sad about because they do look pretty good. You can find them here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. If you are interested in perfecting your PPC skills before the GOMC go to www.simbound.com. It's the world's first simulation game for Search Engine Marketing

    ReplyDelete