Friday 4 May 2012

A Confession

I have to confess that I do not fully understand nor trust QualityScore. In the Turkish keywords I use I have pretty good CTR (which is totally understandable since it gets lower impressions anyways) a good average CPC and good QualityScores while my English keywords are hitting the bottom right now in regard of QS. I get low ad relevance even though I believe the ads are pretty relevant. We even made changes to the websites to increase the QS in regards of the landing page.

Of course this is probably my lack of understanding of the algorithm behind QS and I definetely need to look into this issue if I want to get some clicks from my English keywords. Of course I probably can get even better performance from the Turkish keywords, but our conversions, as in booking a customer is, are targeted mainly at the US, UK, Australia audience. So I have to keep them running if we're hoping to score tour bookings which are definitely not for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment